Whanau Time : 8:45am - 9:00am
Period 1 : 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Period 2 : 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Interval : 11:00 am - 11:30 am
Period 3 : 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Period 4 : 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Lunch : 1:30 pm - 2:20 pm
Period 5 : 2:20 pm - 3:20 pm
Before school students may hand valuables into the Properties Room, get uniform and leave passes from the Deans’ Centre.
During interval and lunch students can collect their pass from the Deans’ Centre.
FIRE: THERE ARE TWO SIGNALS, BUT ONLY ONE RESPONSE.
- Signal 1: One continuous siren with intermittent voice message (activated by broken call point or new system smoke alarm)
- Signal 2: One continuously wailing siren (old system smoke alarm)
- Action: Go immediately to your Whanau assembly area out on the fields.
FLOOD -CIVIL EMERGENCY-LOCKDOWN:
SIGNAL: INTERMITTENT BELLS (SAME BELL AS PERIOD CHANGE BELL) WILL RING FOR A PERIOD OF APPROX 90 SECONDS, YOUR RESPONSE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE:
- Action 1: If you are in class, staff and students must stay there until you are directed elsewhere or released. Staff who are NOT with students go to the nearest safe room.
- Action 2: If you are NOT in class, go directly to the nearest safe room (unless directed elsewhere) and stay there until released. Have cell phones on.
- Note: In both cases, remain in your room until you receive information from Senior Management as to your next move.
- This will come EITHER via a staff member OR staff email, OR cell phone text and KHS alerts app.