At Kamo High School we encourage students to bring personally owned devices so they are equipped to become confident, connected and active life long learners. We promote digital fluency and recognise that the use of digital technologies enables students to personalise their learning and extend that learning beyond the classroom.
CHROMEBOOK (ACER, HP or Lenovo)
11.6" screen (great for y9s and 10s to carry around)
Web Camera, Microphone and Speaker
Intel Celeron 867 (1.3Ghz) Processor or higher
4GB RAM (Be aware 2GB Models)
A sturdy case to protect screen is necessary
iMacs & Windows laptops are also acceptable devices to use for BYOD at Kamo High School
We also encourage BYOT (bring your own Technology ) and can supply extra WIFI passwords for ipads and tablets.
All BYOD students receive:
- A free G Suite account (Google Apps for Education)
- Google Drive, Docs, Gmail, & Classroom and more.
- Unlimited cloud storage for schoolwork.
- An individual WIFI code to connect BYOD devices.
- A managed Network 4 Learning WIFI connection.