Board of Trustees
The Kamo High School Board of Trustees is entrusted to work on behalf of all stakeholders and is accountable for the school’s performance. Its key focus is on strategic leadership, setting the vision for the school and ensuring that the school complies with legal and policy requirements.
- Policies are at a Governance Level and outline clear delegation to the Principal.
- The Board and Principal form the Leadership Team with the role of each documented a
- The Principal reports to the Board as a whole, with committees used sparingly and only where a need is identified in order to contribute to Board Work
- The Board is proactive rather than reactive in its decision making and does not involve itself in the administrative details of day to day running of the School
- Enhancing student achievement is the Board’s focus. Board Composition and Membership
The current Board of Trustees at Kamo High School comprises five Trustees elected by the parent community at triennial elections every three years; a Staff Trustee elected by the Kamo High School staff every three years; and a Student Trustee elected by the students every year. The Principal is a member of the Board of Trustees as of right. Each newly elected Board may co-opt up to a maximum of four Trustees to the Board for a specific purpose and term.
- Chairperson: Jeremy Hay
- Deputy Chairperson: Phillip Alexander-Crawford
- Parent Representatives: Alan Richardson, Secha Alach, Veronica Turketo
- Co-opted Representatives: Rebecca Reynolds, Brad Flower
- Principal: Joanne Hutt
- Staff Representative: Mark Turton
- Student Representative: Tylar Taka
- Board Secretary: Nola Sooner
The Board is accessible to any member of the community and contact is encouraged and welcomed. You can do so by email c/o firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at the school office on telephone 09-4351688.